Wednesday, July 21, 2010
3 things that I am and I wish I were better at
1) Vegetarian- I have been a vegetarian for 3 years now and haven’t eaten any meat since I became one but I also don’t know how to cook any vegetarian meals.
2) Car owner- My car is less an automobile and more a collection bin of water and soda bottles, which never gets an oil change.
3) Writer- I am not a writer in publication but more a writer by practice. I just finished my creative writing degree and I have been sick twice since school has been out so my writing has definitely been suffering.
My guilt free top 3
1) John Green- Writer and Nerdfighter. I got so frustrated at the end of his book “Katherines” because I just wanted him to describe the first kiss between Colin and Lindsey. You can tell so much about a person in the way they describe kisses. However, I don’t know if one can tell what kind of kisser a person is by the way they describe a kiss since I have never kissed another writer. Maybe that should be on my 30 before 30 list, for purely scientific reasons of course, to see if there is any correlation.
2) Hayden Christensen- A picture really is all that is needed. I saw him first on Higher Ground, a TV show that was on some children’s network really late at night. He is quite lovely looking.
3) Zachary Levi- A hot nerd. I mean does it get any better?
The first part of my 30 before 30
1) Finish 2 novels
2) Send one finished novel out to agents
3) Submit to at least 15 agents
4) Send short story out for journal publication
5) Finish school
6) Vacation in snow for at least a week
7) Make some new friends
8) Find a writing group or a few steady critique partners
9) Take 100 photos that I love
10) Keep my apartment tidy for 3 months straight.
Out of these first 10 I have already completed 2. Awesome! Hopefully, by posting these in public that I will actively pursue them.
I have one big goal I am working on right now that in order to complete quite a few things on my list I must do. I need to be a consistent writer. Sit down everyday for a few hours and write. I have a plan, wake up at 7 and do a little working out to wake the brain up. Shower and be sitting down to write by 8:30. I have to leave for work by noon and I am there until 9:30. Home by 10 or 10:30 depending on traffic, shower again, read a little in bed and then sleep time! I am hoping again that by making my goal public that I will be able to hold myself a little accountable. Wish me luck!
Do make lists like I do? Have any goals you are reaching for right now?
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Monday, November 9, 2009
One of the girls that was at the write-in yesterday mentioned a website called one word which is a writing prompt website. So I might start posting some things I write from that also try to be a little better about posting for Sunday Scribblings. My prompt today was headband and written in sixty seconds:
My hair fell around the curves of my face and into my eyes. "I can't even see with this stupid headband on,"I thought. I try to shove the tangled mess back into place when the car in front of me suddenly stops. "Oh God," was the last thing that ran through my head.
Well, I will post it even if it bad, like today's.