Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday Scribblings just one day late




I can’t see her, but I can feel that she may be just paces away. I’m glad she picked this place. The trees here pull me in, sucking me deeper, while still feeling as if the edge is right behind me. Each trunk is a world within this one, ants carrying their bounty up and down the bark roadways, spiders catching their prey, birds capturing the juiciest spiders. I step forward through a break in the trees to sense where she might be hiding, the carpet of pine needles shift and break under my step. Just as I sensed she was here, I now know she has gone. The circle continues just like the ant, spider, and bird; our adventure of predator and prey carries on.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully descriptive, Lacy, and your words fit beautifully with the photo you used. You made me feel as if I was right there! Welcome to Sunday Scribblings, it's a fun weekly gathering of aspiring writers and bloggers!

    ReplyDelete